How to Choose the Best Driving Licenser in Calgary
1. Find an official registered licensing serviceFirst and foremost, you want to deal with a registry agent that is officially designated to operate on behalf of the Government of Alberta. These registries and the specific services they offer can be found on the Alberta Services website. It’s also worth doing a bit of sleuthing to ensure all the services you require will be available through a single location. For example, you want the registry agent to be able to provide the driving license, testing services, and possibly vehicle registration. Not every Calgary registry offers all these services out of a single location.
2. Experienced driving licenserThe Registry Depot has served Calgary over the last 20 years. In that time we’ve been able to standardize our services and troubleshoot problem areas. Today, no matter how busy we get, you can expect quick and efficient service. Less experienced registry agents simply don’t have the know-how to provide this level of service to those getting a driving licence.
3. Fair examiners for your driving testKeeping our Calgary roads safe for everyone is the primary objective of our examiners. All of them are licensed by Alberta Transportation and use the same criteria and testing methods for each and every driver they evaluate while being professional and courteous. It should be no surprise that our examiners will evaluate you on key driving skills such as:
- Use of the vehicle’s controls
- Legally and safely making right and left turns
- Demonstrating capacity to follow speed limits, including in school/playground zones
- Parallel parking, hill parking, and reverse parking
- Proper lane changing
- Navigating controlled and uncontrolled intersections